Sunday, July 15, 2012

94

My 94 year old grandmother flew in from Phoenix on Friday.  She came all by herself!  She was supposed to fly in with her identical twin, but her twin isn’t doing well and had to cancel.  I have been amazed all weekend with how healthy grandma is both mentally and physically.  She has a walker, but has no problem walking without it. 

The first night I peeked in to check on her before I went to bed, and she was kneeling down saying her prayers.  There are very few 94 year olds that can kneel down and then get right back up into bed.  The more I thought about it, there are very few younger, more abled bodies that don’t even kneel down for their personal prayers.

The next night Kaylee was helping me by getting her snack, water and just get her ready for bed.  As we left the room once again she kneeled down for her prayers.  Kaylee commented, “Grandma is just so cute kneeling down by that big bed”.  I was so glad that Kaylee saw her kneeling in prayer.  What an example in action she is.  I wanted my other kids to see that example as well, so tonight I peeked through the door and snapped a picture of grandma, unbeknownst to her.

Grandma

I hope that I’m still able to kneel at 94. 

I also hope that I will always remember her great example!

4 comments:

momMYsliceoflife said...

What an amazing example for your girls! My grandmother lived into her 90s and was a constant source of inspiration in so many ways, including spiritually.

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Your so lucky to have her in your home. I LOVE this picture!1

km said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! just beautiful!!! I am like you, I PRAY that for as long I have breath left in me I can still get on my knees every night and every morn! what a legacy of love and prayer your grandmother is leaving you all!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this! What a wonderful example!