Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pens

We need to document our summer, SO we made pens one afternoon.  The real idea and directions are Found HERE.

We rolled and mixed clay together, creating a marble effect when you slice it.

Pens Pens4

You then squish the little slices all over your pen and bake it.  I forgot a tiny little step of taking out the ink first, and lets just say our first batch didn’t turn out so great … MELTED pens CRACKED clay.  I think the ink boiled inside them and got them too hot.

Pens2 

However the next batch was AWESOME!!!

   Pens5

Nathan’s Denver Bronco pen…..

 Pens6

Kaylee’s tri-color pen….

 Pens7

Some have asked how I get ALL my kids to participate in my little shenanigans.  Sometimes we pick an activity or project that everyone really wants to do, other times I may use bribery for participation such as Sonic happy hour or YoYogurt.  I just feel it is so important to have all the kids do things together.  They learn from each other, they get to know each other, they laugh at the funny personalities, and they work together.  Projects ROCK!  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you enjoyed my pen tutorial. Yours turned out great. These pens never go missing in my house which is an extra bonus!

Zoe

T.Irwin said...

Love, love love this idea!!! The next time it's my brother's weekend with the kids, we are doing this project!