Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Zoo

Can you guess where we went…

Zoo3 Zoo9

We have an awesome zoo here in the Springs.  Our favorite animals on this trip were the giraffes (as usual), the huge moose staring at us, the otters eating their frozen trout and playing in the water, the bears eating a 5 gallon Bomb popsicle, and the baby gorilla playing with his enormous dad. 

It was Teddy Bear Day at the zoo.  We LOVE this special day!  The kids bring in their stuffed animals and there’s a huge tent where they check the animals out.

Zoo6

You first go to the triage table and get checked out.  Then if they need stitches or fixes, they are sent on to another table.  They could be sent to the x-ray table and get x-rays.  Then they also have a table where they bandage them up and fix broken “bones”.

Jerrica’s “Stitches” is her bear she got at the hospital when SHE got stitches.  She told the lady that the exact same scenario happened to Stitches that had happened to her.  So they sent her to get an x-ray of Stitches brain and then bandaged him up.

Zoo16

Pam the Pig had broke her leg and was put in a splint.

Zoo7

Of course there were lots of other booths and fun things.  Jacob won a CD from a local radio station, the kids got free ice cream cones, coupons for bowling, and MY favorite was the icy bottled water they handed out.  It really is a fun event at the zoo!

The girls got their faces painted.  Jerrica chose a snake to scare me the rest of the day because she knows I hate snakes.

Zoo2 

My little tiger cubs….

Zoo13 Zoo14

The one had her dad pack her around because she wore new shoes and was in some serious pain.  Stephen is always so good to pack his kids.

Zoo12

We are soooo excited for the elephant exhibit to open this Fall.  It looks like it’s going to be awesome.  For now though, we will enjoy feeding the giraffes.  I like this picture because Kaylee is in awe that she is petting him and he looks annoyed that she is all out of food.

Zoo8 Zoo17

In that last picture, there was a baby giraffe and Ashley kept telling it to go drink her mom’s milk that the leaves were only for the big giraffes.

I always find it interesting where the kids want to spend money.  The big girls were all over the Dippin Dots, where the little ones wanted the carousel.  Each as content with their choice as could be.

 Zoo10

And one of my favorite photos of the day (even though the whites are all blown and bright), is of my youngest AND oldest.

Zoo5

Sure love the zoo!  We definitely need to go more often.

5 comments:

The Seven Nephites said...

First let me just say that I love your name. We have a Kenzie Rae at our house. My name is Kim and I came across your blog a few weeks ago. When I first looked at it I was in awe. Let me just say that you are an amazing woman and mother. While I have been around and seen many wonderful women in my life I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone as dedicated and just all around fun as you are. Your ideas are incredible the opportunities that you provide your children are amazing. Thank you for being an example of what every mother's goals should be and what she should strive for in raising her children. I know that your children realize how blessed they are to have you and how truly exceptional you are. Your husband was very lucky to have found you. Thank you for inspiring me to be a better mother. Although I'm not blessed with the many talents that you possess you have inspired me to strive to be a better mother and person by rededicating myself to this most important work. Thank you for being you and sharing yourself with the rest of us.

Love, Kim:)

The Seven Nephites said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Seriously Kim, you are too sweet with your comments. I do enjoy being a mom and know that I'm going to have issues as they leave home. :(

Km said...

Your pictures are just sensational!!!! My kiddos are so excited to hit the zoo this year! We have to share this post with them!!!! xoxoxxox

Stephen said...

Kim I was extremely lucky that Shauna did say yes to me!!! Love ya Shaunita your awesome!!