Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Reading

We enjoy summer reading!  I try and read a chapter book out loud during the summer.  We take the book on hikes or vacations, we snuggle in my bed to read, and we read at night on our trampoline….

Summer Reading

This summer we decided to read “the Borrowers”.  Love it so far!  I chose it because of Rebecca’s book club.

She begged all winter to do a club for the summer.  She has planned all of it.  She talked with her school librarian about good books for her club.  She knows what she wants to feed her club guests and what to do with each book.  It should be fun.  Here is her invite she made and handed out to friends.

Book Club2Ed Ash and I are working hard on her reading.  She cracks me up with her comments.  She is determined to read LOTS of books a day to finish up the library summer reading program.

Reading  

We are also working on our scripture reading with our summer chart.  I did date nights as a reward last year, but this year it’s a little money incentive when they complete it.  Money tends to motivate.  :)

Summer Reading

So we are reading and enjoying books!  Do any of you have any favorite read alouds?  I would love to hear of any favorites.

2 comments:

Va_Nessa said...

Love this idea so much that I stole it for my little girl. We added a kick off day where we introduced the books and made page markers to use during our reading.

janel said...

I just put all those great book suggestions on hold for my super reader! We just finished reading "I Want to go Home" by Gordon Korman...always a favorite.