Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tea Party

Ashley LOVES to throw little parties.  We have tea parties monthly.  Usually she invites all of the family.  This means dragging out every little chair and every little teacup she can find.  Invitations are always made and hand delivered.

When I was at Target last week I saw  a little tea set on sale.  I thought that would add the extra two cups that she is always lacking.  We picked it up along with a 2 liter of rootbeer and thought we were all set.

I was wrong.  The little girls thought we needed to go home and bake cookies.  “Store bought would not do for a proper tea party”, Ashley told me.  So we came home and made cookies.  The girls got their table all set up.  Ash made name cards and invitations.  They had little bowls and spoons to add sugar.  Yes, they add sugar to their rootbeer.  A tea party is not a success unless there is a massive sugar overload. 

It was fun.  They even got Stephen to break away from work to join them.  I felt like “If you give a mouse a cookie”, I went from seeing a tea set to spending the afternoon baking cookies and tea partying.

 Tea PArty2 Tea PArty3 Tea PArty4 Tea PArty5 Tea PArty6 Tea PArty7 Tea PArty

1 comment:

tren said...

That is so cute! We love tea parties, too! We use my collection of real china cups and saucers that I found at thrift and antique stores. It's always fun to see the kids choose which cup they want. We usually do store bought treats for our tea parties, which is odd, because I bake homemade treats several times a week. Generally, we cut square Little Debbie cakes into quarters or slice up the rolled kind. We also do some fancy little store bought cookies. Our drink of choice is often Simply raspberry lemonade, but we also have herbal tea from time to time. What fun! We'll have to have you and your girls down for a tea party sometime (of course, the boys could come along and hang with Logan!)