Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Artist

Jacob LOVES art.  He could sit and doodle for hours.  This year for Christmas he wanted some Prisma colored pencils.  I was having a VERY hard time buying them because they are so incredibly expensive.  In my head a colored pencil is a colored pencil, but I guess these Prismas are a little different.

I told him that they were too much, but secretly had gotten some.  He was so excited Christmas morning.  I think he thanked be at least three times.

Jake

I’m excited too, because now I can receive even more gifts like this…

Jake2

The shading with these Prismas DOES look a little different.  Yes, I dare say these are a bit better than the Crayola colored pencils.

You have an incredible talent Jacob!

6 comments:

Maria Babin said...

he is incredibly talented! you just made a great investment, shauna!

Lorie said...

Oh wow! Yes that boy deserves some Prism color pencils!!! He is amazing!

lauralee said...

Prismacolor are the BEST. We Art teachers know!
He will use them well. I adore them.
Happy New Year!

Tanya said...

I can't believe how good Jacob is with drawing. It just completely blows my mind that he can create art work like that.

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Wow!! That is amazing! And how special that he is excited to recieve colored pencils.. Most boys his age are only interested in video games. :) What a talent he has!

Also, I just found your blog and am your newest follower. :)

Alisha Bowling said...

This will probably sound silly...but I too just found your blog off Pinterest for the BoM chart. I decided to snoop around a bit and saw this post. Can I just say WOW! Your son has amazing talent! Please encourage him to continue (which I'm sure you already do). That picture is absolutely amazing!