Friday, January 13, 2012

The Movie Theater

While the girls and I were at my mom’s, she insisted on taking us to…

image

We went on Monday night, and as it turns out no one else had the same idea to go to the movie on a Monday.  We had the theater all to ourselves!  The girls thought it was the greatest thing ever to prop their feet up and talk as loud as they wanted.  They ran up and down the stairs before the movie started seeing the view from different seats.

I thought the greatest thing was having my camera in my purse and being able to try taking theater pictures with the low lighting.  I think I started driving my mom crazy because I wouldn’t sit down.  She eventually threatened me that she would go and get the theater security guard if I didn’t sit down after the previews.  My mom WOULD do that, so I quit my experimenting with camera settings.

I like pictures that represent how the situation “really” looked.  I don’t like when the flash is used in a dark setting and everyone in the picture looks surprised and all of the background is lit up.  The flash also adds such a cold color to skin tone for some reason.

Movie

ANYWAY, thanks for being patient with me mom AND for taking us!

The movie was really cute.  We all laughed and cried together in different parts of it.  I can’t even imagine trying to run a zoo.  I think that I’m already running a zoo here with all of these kids and all of their needs.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I love your mom!

T.Irwin said...

You know, we really do need to meet up and do pictures. Everybody jokes that my camera is connected to me as an extension. I agree. It rarely leaves my side....

but you know what I know...the best pictures are the ones like this one, in a theatre, with the people you care about in your life, being who they are. Not posing (although that can be fun, too), just doing what they do.

I love, love, love it!!!

tren said...

I loved that movie. However, I looked up the real zoo and family on the internet and about the only thing the movie depicted accurately was that a family bought a zoo. I agree with T.Irwin, that the best photos are the ones that catch what is happening, not the ones that are posed. However, we need a family photo SOON, so maybe for my birthday in March...