Thursday, January 26, 2012

Passions

Kaylee and Nathan were out shooting baskets and then practicing soccer moves until well past dark last night.

Jerrica sits with her stacks of books “reading” them for hours.  If anyone tries to grab a book from any stack she freaks out.

My Reader

Jacob is always doodling in his sketch pad.  He brought down this drawing for a space contest.  He was on top of it knowing the size requirements, the deadline, and even had printed and filled out the forms for it.  Why can’t he be that way with his homework?!?!  Probably because his homework is  not his passion.  :)

Space pic

People spend a great deal of time and money on that which is their passion.  I have always loved the quote by Theodore Roosevelt, “You Give your Life, to that which You Give your Time”.  This is so true!  Wherever you are spending your time is basically where you are spending your life. 

I know for me that I am spending a great deal of time on my family.  Sure I get girls’ night outs, basketball time and just basically ME time, BUT the majority is spent on my family, AND I wouldn’t have it any other way!

2 comments:

Spike N Tuna Jones said...

me too. well, at least until this year. :)I love family!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are with my Kaylee!!!