Thursday, September 5, 2013

Goal Signs

The boys have been discussing with us what they want to accomplish in their various sports this season.  Nathan wants to be more explosive when he has the ball in his soccer games.  He has tremendous footwork and can get past defenders, but then needs to completely explode to the goal.  Jacob wants to get his butterfly under a minute.  He is only a couple of seconds away, but “seconds away” can be huge sometimes.

After talking and encouraging Nathan last night, I had an idea.  In the book, “As a Man Thinketh So is He” it talks about visualizing your goals and dreams.  The author shares how “your thoughts become your actions”. 

I decided to print up a bunch of signs to hang all over each of their bedrooms and in their bathroom.  I even made an extra to put in their locker.

Signs  Signs3

I decided to put Jacob’s sign on their toilet instead of Nathan’s.  I don’t need a sign up on the toilet saying, “Explode”.  :)

I’m hoping the reminders everywhere will help them to make their goals realities.

Signs4 Signs2

I’m thinking that I need to head back to the printer and print ME off some goal reminder signs.

2 comments:

Nicole S said...

Good call on the sign placement! LOL

tren said...

Oh, your reasoning for the toilet sign really DID make me laugh out loud. Good luck to your boys!