Monday, September 30, 2013

Denver Aquarium

Rebecca’s class has been working on an ocean unit.  They went to the Denver Aquarium last week and I was able to be a chaperone.  Before we left I smiled as Miss Lauthen told the class of rewards for good behavior and good choices for the day.  One of the kids said, “Why are you bribing us?”  To which she quickly replied, “Oh I’m not bribing you, I’m allowing me the opportunity to reward you for good choices”

By the time we left the school I was ready to make the best choices possible and be the greatest me I could be.  :)

Aquarium17

Our group

Aquarium18

Aquarium Aquarium2 Aquarium3 Aqu Aquarium4 Aquarium5 Aquarium6  Check out the flat fish in the bottom of this next photo.  His mouth and eyes make me smile.  Camouflage animals are so cool.

Aquarium8 Aquarium9 Aquarium10

They paired up and dissected little squids. 

 Aquarium11 Aquarium12  Aquarium14      Rebecca’s ocean report was on the star fish.  She had to make a model.  The little girls helped her make a paper-mache star fish.  They glued rocks on it, and spray painted it orange.  I think it turned out great! 

Starfish  Starfish3 I had so much fun with Rebecca.  We giggled on the bus.  We checked out the boys.  We learned a lot at the Aquarium.  We loved being together!

2 comments:

tren said...

Fantastic pictures, Shauna! Rebecca's starfish is really cool. I think you meant paper-mache, though. Lol.

Unknown said...

You're right! lol