Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Book Clubs

Reading is a favorite past time  for most of my kids.  When it just so happens that I have read a book that the kids have recently read, a book discussion HAS to take place.  Sometimes we go over to Sonic and sit in the stall sipping our milk shakes as we discuss our favorite parts.  It is perfect one on one time! 

Recently my mother sent Rebecca a copy of “Wonder”.  She had just read it and thought Rebecca would enjoy it.  Rebecca devoured it, deeming the book a must read.  Well, my mother came into town and Rebecca immediately informed her that they needed to do a book club to discuss it.  My mother excitedly told Rebecca that she had never done a book club and always wanted to do one.

Book Club

It was like 10 o’clock at night as they sat there sipping their icy sodas and giggling about various parts of their book.  All of the other kids were jealous that they hadn’t read this book and couldn’t be a part of their party.  I was even jealous!  I wanted to get it read, but hadn’t had a chance yet.

I do enjoy a good discussion after I have read a book.  I love hearing others’ opinions and ideas after a book.  AND let me just second Rebecca’s recommendation, “Wonder” is a great book!



1 comment:

Natalie said...

I just love your mom! She is really one of my favorite people!!!:)