Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snow Day

Today was a snow day for the kids.  The boys were sad they didn’t have school because they wanted to finish their finals that they have been studying like crazy for.  The girls have been sick, so I was grateful for another day of rest for them.  It’s funny how Motrin makes them all better, and then as it starts to wear off their eyes turn sad and glazed, their fevers rage and all they want is to snuggle with me.

We did snuggle and watch a couple of movies.  We also made the cutest little Shinky Dinks that a sweet friend had sent to us.  Rebecca added a link to one of hers to take to Neely for her charm bracelet.  Ash made one into a necklace.

Shrinky Dinks Shrinky Dinks2 Shrinky Dinks3 It’s always so fascinating to watch how they shrink.  Thanks again Katherine for the fun!

We also decided to bake cut out cookies.  Of course the girls always fight over who is going to roll out the cookies, who is going to use what sprinkles and what cookie cutters, and I’m always fighting with them to quit eating the dough!

I saw ALL of the hands leaning over each other and couldn’t resist making them squish together for a picture.  They all look Motrin’ed up.  I should have taken another picture later on in the evening when their eyes were all glazed over with fever. 

Cookies

See all of the hands in each other’s way….

 Cookies2  Cookies4 Cookies5

It was definitely a cold day, yet I was quite warm snuggling with all of my sickies!

1 comment:

Letti said...

I remember playing with shrinky dinks as a child. I loved watching them shrink in the oven. I need to get these for my girls. Thanks for sharing.