Monday, December 10, 2012

Reading by the Tree

Rebecca told me the other night that she enjoyed reading Christmas stories in front of the tree.  I saw her tonight and had to snap a picture.

Reading under Tree2

This picture looks so tranquil and soft.  Yet, the reality was chaos all around her as she tuned everything out and escaped into her story. 

Ash was gathering props to do a “Peter and the Wolf” play.  Nathan was freaking out trying to find a 30 line poem to memorize for school.  Kaylee and Jerrica were in the kitchen begging for a bowl of ice cream….  I sat there taking pictures zoning it all out right along with Rebecca!

6 comments:

T.Irwin said...

fabulous photo!!

lindsy said...

I love the pictures of Christ on your tree. Our tree may get a little re-decorating in the next few days. Love the Spirit I'm sure it brings. (Your daughter is beautiful too) :)

The Strands Of Me said...

Beautiful photo!

rebecca said...

So pretty! Love this shot so much. :) Thanks for linking up with the simple things this week! I'd love to feature your photo on the Simple as That FB page.

Unknown said...

I would love to be featured! ;)

Mom and Camera said...

Pretty photo! I also love that you have photos on your Christmas tree. What a great idea!