Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend Randomness

I love when I’m coming home from running kids around and see this…

Piano

That light is the piano room light, and that head is someone practicing their lesson.  I like trying to guess who it is.  It makes me proud to see them in there without me home, nagging them to get it done.

Jerrica is labeling everything that is hers.  She will put out a stack of books and then run write her name on a paper to put on the stack.  I came into the kitchen to find Jerrica’s mini smoothie sitting out thawing with a spoon that she had taped her name around.  I asked her what she was doing, “this way the kids won’t eat mine because it has my name on it”  :)

Jerra Note

We enjoyed Dr. Suess fun on Friday.  Ash wore the “Cat in the Hat” hat to school for their Dr. Suess day.  (I don’t know why Ash has on the glasses and cloak in the picture, that’s just Ash)  Then I loved seeing Kaylee and Jerrica snuggled on my bed reading their favorite Green Eggs and Ham along with a slue of other Suess books.  We did a couple other Suessy things on Friday, one of which was a bookmark that I printed up from Pinterest for the kids.  It took two seconds to print up, but oh how the girls loved it.

 Green Eggs

Suess Bookmark

Friends were also over on Friday afternoon.  I sure love how happy friends make my kids.  Rebecca was beaming all afternoon with Neely here.  Those two could be sisters.  We made donuts.  I had to take pictures of the cutting and rising, but I was too busy eating to take pictures of the finished product.  They are soooo yummy!

Donuts2Ed DonutsEd 

It was a long week, but friends helped in so many ways.  What would I do without my friends?!?!  I sure love ALL of you!  On to a new week….

No comments: