Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kaylee’s Trip to Virginia

Kaylee’s team had a tournament in Virginia last weekend.  Stephen nor I were able to go, SO sweet Becky took and helped Kaylee.  I am so grateful to Becky.  Kaylee has said that Ms. Becky feels like an aunt to her. :)

I am also grateful for this experience for Kaylee.  I feel that it is so important to take trips without family.  Responsibility and independence are learned.  Then it’s not so scary being on your own when you have to because you have had glimpses of it before.  It would have been fun to go with her, but with a big family sometimes it just doesn’t work out. 

ANYWAY, Kaylee’s team played awesome and WON the tournament.  They are really playing well together and beat some tough teams from New Jersey and North Carolina to win.

Virginia

Kaylee LOVED her trip!  She enjoyed the soccer games, sightseeing in DC, talking with friends non-stop, the fun dance competition they had one night, making videos on the plane with her friends, and of course her new, quite heavy medal was a hit.

Kaylee

I smile at the bags under her eyes.  The girl was exhausted when she got home, BUT filled with such a great experience and so many fun memories.   I think she talked for three hours straight when she got home.

I wanted her to know how proud we were of her and how much we love her, so I had all of the family write a little note on an index card and then stuck them throughout her stuff.  Nathan’s note made me smile because he always acts like the only reason Kaylee is good at soccer is because of him.

 Trip2 Trip

I wrote with a Sharpie on her shin guards and taped a note on her water bottle.  She was going to have us there in spirit no matter what!

Trip3 Trip4

I tucked Steve’s note in her cleats and thought it was such a sweet note.

Trip5

Kaylee also made little notes for her teammates…..

Trip6

ANYWAY, great experience for our Kaylee Girl!  We are so proud of her! 

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

What!? We were in Virginia the first week of March and loved it!

I'm glad Kaylee had a nice time.