Saturday, March 3, 2012

Countries and Cultures

Kaylee had a special day where they rotated through classrooms talking about three different countries and their cultures.  They were able to taste foods and hear speakers from the countries. 

I had been a foreign exchange student in high school and had went to Japan.  SOOOO I had the perfect outfit (shoes and all) for Kaylee to wear.  Let me just say that the girl knows how to work a kimono….

Japan DayJapan Day5 Japan Day6 Japan Day2Japan Day3

Kaylee did NOT care for the wasabi or sushi.  I guess she is not her father’s child.  :)

Friday was a fun day for Kaylee because she also got to go to her school teacher’s house.  Mrs. Thruston had the kids over for dinner and games.  What a sweet teacher!  Kaylee had a blast!

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Your photography never ceases to amaze me.

km said...

ohhhh my word she is go gorgeous and she has so much personality. How special that you saved the outfit. We had a Japanese exchange student when I was a kid. What neat experience for your girly!