Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Great Sand Dunes

Memorial Day we spent with my parents at the Sand Dunes.  It has been a long time since we have been down there, so long that Jerrica didn’t even recognize it.  The weather was perfect, the backdrop gorgeous, and there was plenty of fun to be had!

Sand14

Sand26

Digging and playing in the sand.  The kids would bury each other.

Sand12

Sand13  Sand15  Sand17 Sand18 Sand19

They would do sand sit ups….

  Sand21 Sand22

 Sand2  The girls spent hours in the currents floating down on their tubes.

Sand4 Sand5

Sand11

Stephen and the four older ones hiked to the top.  My parents and I tried to keep track of where they were with Stephen’s orange shirt.  However, squinting at the dots made it impossible as they got higher up.  Plus every time they would go in a valley of the dunes we had no clue what side they would climb out.

Sand8 Sand9

My little flower with her tube on…

 Sand10 

Frisbee

Sand23 Sand24 Sand25  Sand28 Sand29 Sand6

I loved sitting there in that beautiful weather visiting with my parents and watching the kids play this and that.  Our picnic was sandy of course but the day wonderful!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks really cook. It reminds me of Scusset beach in MA, at low tide.