Thursday, May 9, 2013

Words

Words can be cutting, but oh how they can be uplifting!

Last week when  we went to Ashley’s art show, she wanted to find her art teacher.  There were TONS of people, and I told Ash that we shouldn’t bother her.  She then showed me a Thank You card that she had made for the art teacher.  It was the sweetest card expressing appreciation for putting on a “fabulous” art show.  We found the teacher.  She took the time to read the card and give Ash a huge hug.  She later told Ashley that her card was the only card she received thanking her for the art show.

Nathan came home from a track practice to find this on his bed.  I can only imagine that it made him smile at her spelling and the thoughtfulness of her making his bed.

  Words2 

I got this text last week from Jake, and of course it made my day!

Words

Kind words and compliments can be very easy to give and yet make such a lasting impression.  Kaylee had these words on her soccer evaluation.

Words3

She came home and looked up “tenacious” on the computer. :)

I love seeing a person’s face change when something nice is said to them.  I love how I feel when compliments are given to me.  I love how I feel when I give a compliment to another.  I wish that more kind words were used in our society.  I know that we all could benefit!

“Kind words are easy to give, and make such a lasting impression!”

2 comments:

[Stacia] said...

You are so right! I love that you are documenting these. What sweet children you have. You are such a great example of the type of mother that our children need in this world. Thank you! And Happy Mothers Day! :)

T.Irwin said...

I try to teach my niece and nephews the importance of their words. Since my brother and their mom got divorced their the words they all exchange are more unkind and harsh and it's hard to hear.

I spend the weekends with them talking about their words and the impact they can have (good and bad). This entry is a perfect way for me to bring up the next conversation.