Tuesday, May 21, 2013

“Rememory” Book

Quite a few months ago I found this book of paper all stapled together on Ashley’s desk.  The title caught my eye and I began going through the pages.  It was a journal highlighting Ashley’s year in First Grade.  The pictures, spellings, and memories were priceless. 

Rememory Book

She told me that she was making a “Rememory” book for Mrs. Wade to remind her of the year.  I thought to myself, oh that’s really nice, but I’m sure it will get lost and forgotten about before the school year is over.  Well, she kept it going with the first entry highlighting the first day of school, and just finished with the end of year celebration.  She has the planetarium field trip, Colonial day, the fun run, concerts, Egyptian day…  it has A LOT of pages!

R1 R2 R3 

She went through my ribbon and tied it up with a bow to take to Mrs. Wade.  I freaked out that I HAD to have a copy of this book to keep.  I begged her to wait one more day so that I could make a copy.  It is such a perfect journal of her first grade.

I teased her about not including any of her visits to the principal’s office.  Let’s just say she made a few trips there this year.  Ash rolled her eyes and told me “That is NOT something we are trying to remember” – you got that right Ash!

2 comments:

tren said...

How thoughtful! That is just so cute. I love her spelling of "archaeologists".

lauralee said...

As a K-5 art teacher, just wanted to say Ashley is unbelievably great at drawing people!!! Developmentally advanced... Lots of talent in your family with the arts! Adorable too!