Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day was awesome this year.  I had a mother’s tea with Rebecca at her school and then the next day did a mother/daughter spa party with Rebecca. 

The kids at school had to write a letter to their mothers.  I smiled as I noticed the boys at our table had written a small paragraph compared to Rebecca’s TWO PAGES.  This girl of mine is a writer.  It truly was the sweetest letter filled with all kinds of details.

Mother's Tea2

Then my Ash is a party planner.  I knew something special was in store when I found this list on her desk. 

SAMSUNG

“By the river’s edge” cracked me up because we don’t live anywhere near a river!  The list went on with “Learn how to make spaghetti, learn how to make Texas Fudge Cake, and have Nathan be a waiter…”

Sure enough we had an amazing mother’s day meal in the piano room, not by the river’s edge. 

While we ate, Ashley had Rebecca read poetry, Jacob and Kaylee play the piano, Nathan serve our food, and Jerrica talk about her artwork.  The entertainment was nonstop.

Here I am trying to light my hair on fire at her special dinner…

Dinner

She had the cutest black covered menus and chocolates for the “appetizers”.  :)  The girl is only seven and knows how to plan EVERY detail!  She is my planner.

 Dinner2 

Clay gifts seemed to be the gift of choice from school this year.  I got a cat, flower, and a heart.

Gifts

Kaylee is my service girl. She has always been so quick to do things for me. I can always find an icy drink on my nightstand, compliments of Kaylee. This year she didn’t disappoint and gave me a “Love U Lots Coupon Book” filled with massages, hair styles, chores, and promises of baked goods. She is the one quick to serve.

Jake is my artist.  He whipped up a beautiful daffodil drawing and sweet note that I now want to frame. 

Jerrica is my masseuse.  She can give a foot massage for hours.  I was in heaven on Sunday with my feet in her hands. 

Nathan is my comedian.  He is always quick with some funny comment.  He had me smiling all day with his personality.

That in a nutshell, was my Mother’s Day 2013!

3 comments:

Doug and Bethany said...

LOVE! Your kids are awesome!!

T.Irwin said...

Sounds like you had the perfect mother's day!

Juf said...

Awww! Love how each of the kids did things that matched their personalities!