Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Lazy Day

I give my kids coupons for Valentine’s Day.  These coupons then expire in one year, on Valentine’s Day of the next year.  I can’t remember where I got the template.  I did change out all the text on the coupons to fit our family.

Coupons

I smile as Valentine’s Day approaches and last minute, hoarded tickets are used.  A favorite ticket is the “Lazy Day”.  The kids can stay home from school and basically have a lazy day doing whatever they want to do.  They LOVE it!

Some days the kids will say, “I don’t want to go to school”.  I simply ask them if they want to use their Lazy Day coupon.  They of course say no and want to save it for the perfect day.  Then I don’t have to deal with a fight to go to school.

Both of the boys used their lazy days the first of February before they expired.  I spoiled them a bit with their favorite fast food for lunch.  Chik-fil-A for Jacob and Sonic for Nathan.  They settled in with the X box and had quite a lazy day!

Lazy Day

Don’t we ALL need a lazy day once in a while.  A day that we can do whatever we want when we want to.  I think I might take a Lazy Day!  :)

7 comments:

mommaerika said...

These are great! I love the Lazy Day and I think my kids would totally go for the no jobs for the day! Thanks so much for sharing! Do you have a post about how you do jobs/chores/allowance? I have 4 kiddos: 10, 8, 5 & 3 and we are stumped. I'd love to know what works for you :)
Erika

mommaerika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We are still using this system. It works for us.

http://mymixofsix.blogspot.com/2010/08/work-chart.html

Jamie M. said...

I love these!! I will have to save them for next year. I think my kids would love to have a lazy day and a chore free day.

lindsy said...

I love this! I only have one in school so far, but yes, we could all use a lazy day once in a while.

mommaerika said...

Thanks for the link, Shauna :) I'm curious about consequences. We have some chores that are non-paid, just part of being in the household, room tidy, make bed... But I am not sure how to make sure they're done. Do yours lose money for jobs not done - how much? And are they paid more for weekly jobs? I'm not sure how to do this without nagging all day long.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Shauna! These are fantastic. And now I'm dying to see your job chart...