Monday, March 18, 2013

Random

This last weekend the boys both had basketball tournaments.  It was fun to have my mom and dad in town to watch the boys play.  It was a lot of running back and forth to the different tournaments.  Nathan had an incredible tournament.  He made 20 points in his first game and 21 points in his last game.  I so enjoy watching basketball!

I volunteered to help out being the chorister for the Primary kids in our church on Sunday.  I went down and dug in my singing time bag for something to use.  As I looked at all of the stuff and ideas I have, I realized that I should do a post and share some of the ideas. 

I chose my big mouth with the cardboard covered teeth that have songs on the back of them.  The kids love pulling the big fat teeth out. 

Chorister

I’m actually working in the Relief Society organization of our church right now.  Last week we put on a big birthday dinner.  The decorations turned out so cute and the dinner was delicious!  At the end of the program and dinner we let the sisters make gratitude journals.  We also made extra for the young women in our Ward.  I made one for Kaylee, since she is 12 now.  I always smile as I listen and watch women working on creative projects together.

Gratitude Journal2

Gratitude Journal 

I finished one book and launched into another really good book.  I was surprised when mom was here, that she had already read it.  Have any of you read this one?

We finished the weekend off by eating at Texas Roadhouse with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend.  Lots of laughter and delicious food.  I sure could use one of their rolls and cinnamon butter right now!  :)

Enough of the randomness, on to another week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those teeth are hilarious! And I so enjoy getting book ideas from others...thanks for another suggestion. :)

Dizzy Kate said...

I know this post was posted white awhile ago, but I am hoping you get my comment. I am wondering how you used the teeth? I am primary chorister and I think the idea is so cute. In the post it ways you put the song names on the back of the teeth. Did the children come up and pull out a tooth and then they sang the song on the back? Or, was a tooth pulled when the kids were not singing their best? Thank you.

Gwendolyn S. said...

I love your tooth song poster! I would love to make one of my own to use in Bible class! Can you please send me info on how to make one?
I love your ideas!
Gwen

Gwendolyn S said...

Can you please show the back of the tooth poster? It would help me know how to make one for my Bible class.
Thank you,
Gwen

Gwendolyn Schnell said...

I can imagine that you used Velcro with foam board.
I believe that is what I am going to use!
Thank you for the idea!