Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine’s Day

We had our traditional fondue Valentines dinner with the photo books of 2012.  I always beam from ear to ear as they sit looking at them and reminiscing.  Some of the pictures they have never even seen before.

Book2 I use Blurb and just drag each of the kids’ picture folders of 2012 over into Blurb and create a photo book.  I do a little write up in the front cover page highlighting achievements and favorites.  The books have around 250-300 images.  I do mix it up so that the eye isn’t exhausted looking at little images on every page.  I pick a few favorites and do full page spreads every few pages….

B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 I hope that answers some of your questions.  We LOVE our photo books! 

Another tradition is sending the kids to school with red Valentine’s lunches.  I save the candy boxes and use them for their sandwiches or tortilla roll ups.

Vday Lunch We made a variety of homemade Valentines.  Rebecca made these bookmarks out of paint strips and then signed the back.  They turned out cute.  Here is the link where I found the idea - Bookmarks

Bookmark

Ashley made these Valentines.  Glow in the dark bracelets are fun, BUT I will NEVER do them again.  We had to put a connector on each one and had a hard time not breaking them and starting the glowing process as we would force it on the end.  Here is the link for that one -Glow Stick Valentines

Holidays always mix up the boring drum of the regular week.  I especially enjoy Valentines and all of the expressions of love.  I am sure grateful to all of my family and friends for always making me feel loved!

No comments: