Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thompson Reunion – Navajo Lake

Now for the water fun.  The Thompson’s always have to have some type of water play scheduled into the reunion.  This year Stephen had my brother Keith do a little boating fun.  Keith has an incredible boat!  It has huge speakers with Sandy as the DJ.  He has ALL the toys you could ask for – water skis, tubes, wakeboards and even a surf board.  Not to mention, that the boat is huge and comfortably seats a ton of people.  Anyway, just had to brag on my side of the family a little since I’ve only been talking about Stephen’s.  Here is Keith showing his tricks (I got one of him upside down in a flip but of course it was blurry!)  

Boating4

July 2009 365 Not only does he do these flips, but he LANDS them!!!  Sandy was our pilot for the day.  Isn’t she a cutie!

Boating

Here Keith is teaching them how to do the surf board.  You hold on to a rope and get a feel for the boat’s waves and then toss the rope aside and just surf using the boat’s waves.  Keith made everything seem so easy, but after watching others you could tell it was quite difficult.  Janie however was quite quick to catch on to the surfing.  Yeahhh Janie!

Boating2

Tubes are always fun for ALL ages.  The older ones do tube fights to see who can stay on the longest and the younger ones can just enjoy the water.

Boating11

Boating13

Boating9

Boating12

Boating16

They have the same smile in the above picture, don’t they!?!  Below is Grandpa Don.  He is 73!  He fought with Paul in the tubes and then even tried to water ski.  Grandma Brenda water skiied and got up!

Boating15

This next one is my favorite!  Ashley LOVED the tubes.  She LOVES water.  I love her expression.  I love Steve’s expression as he talks to his brother on the other tube.  And then I love seeing their feet!

Boating14

Now for the wakeboarding pictures.  I wakeboarded and got up.  Did Stephen take a picture of me?  NO he didn’t and I wasn’t happy about that!!  I took a picture of HIM!!!

Boating17

Once again I took a lot of pictures but I will share just a couple.

July 2009 343

July 2009 269

Boating18

Boating7

Boating8_edited-1 

July 2009 281 

July 2009 378

 

Boating10

Boating6

 Boating5

Thanks again Keith!  You about have me convinced that Stephen needs to buy a boat!

1 comment:

T.Irwin said...

I love your pictures!

We do a lot of water sports in our family and my niece and nephews always want to see ALL the pictures again and again.

I decided to put together a video for them at the end of summer, so now I'm taking as many pictures as I can.