Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We Finished!

Ash and I tend to go the rounds.  She is very creative and has her ideas, and then I of course have my own ideas.   Her cousin Sydney made a puppy similar to this one, and I thought how cute and easy that would be to make. 

I didn’t take into account that I would be doing this project with Ash.  I would say, “Let’s put a pink or red collar and bows on him for Valentine’s day”  To which Ashley would decline and then choose blue, her favorite color.

“Ashley, let me print your name out on the computer for the tag”.  She then told me, “No mom, I have a cool cursive “y” that I want to write in my own handwriting.”

As I started gluing the mop on to the box, I reminded her how hot the glue gun was and that I needed to help with this part.  It then looked like it would take all night if I didn’t have her running the gun as I would stick the mop rope everywhere.

We did make a pretty good team.  She however, kept me informed that this was HER project and she would be making all of the creative decisions.

Puppy

Her hair kind of matches the dog with the craziness.  AND the streak of black paint on the side of her face, I can only hope that the paint didn’t get on her uniform.

I should have taken a picture from the back.  I really liked his little tail.  We shoved the plastic mop connector part into the box and then draped mop yarn in and out of it, so the tail sticks up cute.

 Puppy2

I have a feeling that he will be hanging around Ashley’s room collecting treasures for a while.  She is quite taken with him.  I’m just glad that we are FINISHED!  :)

10 comments:

Juf said...

That is adorable! Is that just one mop?

Shauna Thompson said...

Yes, but its the $6 mop head from Wal-Mart and not the small $1 one from the Dollar Store.

momMYsliceoflife said...

Oh my gosh! This ha got to be the cutest valentines box EVER! I've been seeing so many cute boxes over the past few days and I'm so bummed that our school just does little paper bags. Good job, girls!

Juf said...

If you don't mind, I'm going to pin this and save the idea for doing with some little girl in my life!

Shauna Thompson said...

Pin a way! :)

Anonymous said...

What kind of box did you use? And what did you use for the head?

Shauna Thompson said...

Shoe box and a nut tin.

brittany said...

Did you just take the mop apart and glue the pieced separately?

ajjslp said...

Am I missing directions on how to do this? I would love to make it! Can you post directions? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would love instructions too! I'm making one for my daughter and am just trying to use the picture as my reference. We'll see how it turns out.