Monday, September 3, 2012

Cupcake Party

Rebecca’s birthday always comes at an inopportune time for a friend party.  Her birthday is always right when school is starting and friends are finishing up summer vacations.  So this year I decided to delay it just a bit after everyone had settled into the school year.  We decided on a little cooking / cupcake party.  Here is the invitation minus a number or two.

Cupcake PArtyEd

We played a few games after dividing up into two teams.  One game we would have a player from each team come up and get blindfolded.  Then I would put an item of food in both of their mouths at the same time, and the first to announce what it was would get a point for their team.  I fed them a marshmallow, chocolate chip, M&M, nut…. They were so giggly and into the game. 

Another game was a relay with wooden spoons with their teams.  It always amazes me how competitive kids can get with a simple game.

Cupcake Party5

I had bought chef hats and aprons for the girls to do the cupcakes in.  We also took fabric markers to the aprons so the girls could personalize them.

Cupcake Party3

We had a couple of different cupcake stations  for the girls to create their own version.

Cupcake PartyCupcake Party6

Cupcake Party4

There were twelve girls in all, including Rebecca.  I’m sad that I didn’t get more pictures, especially with all of the girls.  Parties just get too crazy and I always just end up with the before party pictures.  Here is one with quite a few of the girls during a game.

 Bec Party2 

The little gift Rebecca handed out to her friends as they left was a package of cupcake lip gloss with a cake mix to whip up at home in their new baking attire.

Cupcake Party2   

Rebecca had so much fun with such a variety of friends.  My mom was here to help with the party and we just sat there amazed at how different each girl was.  Rebecca received a lot of great gifts, but I think she mainly enjoyed having her friends over.  She was especially excited to have an extended cousin, Maddie come for the weekend with my parents.

It really was a fun party!  Thanks for all the help mom, and thanks for running the rest of my kids around to their activities dad.  You two are awesome!

1 comment:

Juf said...

What a great, wholesome party idea!