Thursday, April 16, 2015

Ski Trip

My sweet cousin hooked us up with an irresistible deal to ski down at Wolf Creek.  Stephen LOVES snowboarding and so he didn’t need any coaxing to go.  We spent the night at my mom’s and then had a most excellent day on the slopes Monday.

Ski Trip2

We literally go “white trash” style when we do go skiing…

Ski Trip1

I give everyone a bag to put their ski pants, coat, gloves, goggles, hand warmers … so that there is no fighting over stuff when we get there.  It is already set and ready to go.  Jacob was the first to get his bag together and wrote “Shawn White” instead of his name like I had asked.  Then all of the others had to take his lead and write their own Shawn White versions.

Our only problem for the day was helmets.  I told the kids not to take hats because we were getting helmets with our equipment.  That morning we found out that they don’t rent helmets and had to frantically scrounge hats.  The shop by the ski resort sold helmets for $120 a piece.  Times that by 8 people and ya, we skied and boarded without.  I prayed all day long that no one would get hurt. 

Ski Trip9

Ski Trip14

The little girls went off to Wolf Pup school.  Rebecca with her cousin and then the three boarders were together.  Leaving Stephen and I time to ourselves until lunch.  It was WONDERFUL!  There was a point we were going down a trail without a person in sight on such a beautiful day, I couldn’t resist smiling.

Ski Trip5Ski Trip6

Ski Trip7

We tried to do a selfie with the gorgeous view from the top, but instead it looks like we are skydiving!

I always tease people that our kids get their athletic abilities from me, but truth be told Stephen is VERY athletic.  That man knows how to snowboard and is SO fun to watch.

Ski Trip4

I thought some of the kids would be done by early afternoon, but every single one kept going and didn’t want to stop.  We were literally the last ones on the last lift of the day. 

Ski Trip10

Kaylee’s screenshot of the photos from the lodge.  Jerrica and Ash were way into their “pizza” and “french fries” skiing positions.

Ski Trip11Ski Trip12

I spent the afternoon with my big girls, while Stephen boarded with the boys.  Then we all met up with the little girls to be with them.  Ashley declared that she is going to be an Olympian skier because she is so fast.

Ski Trip15Ski Trip17 

You know the commercial where they add the cost of everything up and then sum up that it was priceless because of the memories.  That’s how I felt.

As we drove home with sore muscles, tired bodies, sunburned skin, crumbs and smashed snacks everywhere mixed with wet clothes … the kids were still grinning and thanking Stephen over and over for taking them.  We LOVED it!

No comments: