Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Flying By

I just blink my eyes and hours, days, weeks seem to just FLY!

We have been very busy lately!  The Spring always fills up quickly with sports, activities, and the end of the year stuff. 

The kids get sad at missed goals, poor flip turns, a game lost, a time that isn’t a personal best, not getting to be first chair in band, … and I think to myself, it’s those little set backs that make the winning and personal bests all that much greater!

Anywho, here is a glimpse into our lives right now…

Eighth grade dinner dance followed by Kaylee’s first Stake dance the next night.  Nathan announced that she was leading a Congo line and he had to do a double take that it was his sister leading it.  She LOVED both dances!

8th Dinner4

Jacob is swimming strong.  He has already qualified for 5A State in a few events.  He completely rocks his races!

Screenshot_2015-04-11-22-50-52

Jake Swim3

JSwimJSwim2

Still have a little one always wanting to build and play with toys.  She had a moon phase project for school out of Oreos.  We had a hard time keeping a full moon!

KnexMoons

Nathan’s team is doing awesome.  He has had some really fun games!  Here is a Denver one.  I LOVED the backdrop of downtown Denver.

NatNath2Nath6Nath7

The big girls are in track and are loving it.  I am surprised at how fast their short little legs can carry them.

RTrack

The boys had a service opportunity in the forest helping slash burned trees.  They were black when I picked them up from all of the soot.

Fundraiser

The never ending soccer games.  A sweet friend took Jerrica to her game and shot that awesome picture of her scoring a goal.

KSoc11141774_10200557690580222_3436528422793486683_o

Then there is Ash.  She has had numerous rehearsals for her upcoming dance recital.  She is always quick to plan a party or sleepover at our house.  I smiled the other morning as I came into the room and saw her pouring over this book she had checked out from the library.  She was even taking notes.  That one is a definite party planner!

Sleepover

Ash is playing volleyball with her friend Gabby.

AshVolley

I feel like I haven’t even scratched the surface of our lives right now.  Every night the violin, flutes, piano, and guitar are all vying to be heard.  Pasta parties and friends are constantly calling the kids away from home.  Youth activities and Nathan’s eagle project have kept us busy.  Stephen and I have been on a few really fun dates this last month.  So grateful to have him helping me. 

Life in general is busy and flying way too fast!

No comments: