Thursday, April 9, 2015

Fourteen

I absolutely adore this girl!  She is one of the sweetest!  I don’t think there is an ounce of meanness in her.

Kay

She wanted Éclair Cake with homemade chocolate sauce.  She has always been a foodie.

Bday2Bday7Bday4Kay9

We had a lot of celebrating going on!  She went with church friends to the theater the night before her birthday.  They saw Mcfarland and loved it.  Such cute girls!

Screenshot_2015-04-09-08-36-17

Then on her birthday Kaylee begged to do another mall party with her school friends.  I love this group!  They are so much fun!  Stephen and I did a date night around the mall as the girls completed their checklist.  I had them text me pictures of some of the things that they had to do.  Here was their night ….

Mall2

Hazel, next to Kaylee actually looks like a real model.  Love this next one!

20150314_19211220150314_19551220150314_20093420150314_201228Mall3

Seriously such a fun group of girls!  As parents came to pick up and the girls were hugging and giggling good byes to each other, I sat there grateful for such a wonderful group of friends for my Kaylee.

Kay12

Not only does Kaylee have a big heart, she is also really smart, athletic, runs track, plays volleyball, soccer and basketball, loves snowboarding, plays flute and piano, enjoys cooking and sewing, and is constantly trying to find ways to make people feel good whether it’s a note, comment or just her big smile. 

A couple of weeks ago I was at the church, at mutual.  I noticed all night long how no one was talking with this one girl.  She is shy.  I kept making a mental note that I needed to talk to her but kept talking with other adults.  Kaylee arrived at the activity late because of a practice.  She immediately went up to Rebecca’s group and had them all giggling.  Then she went straight to this girl that no one had talked with.  I saw a huge smile spread across the girl’s face and stay on her face even after Kaylee walked away.  Kaylee came over to me to see what she was supposed to be doing.  I commented on her talking to Kiley and she quickly told me, “Do you see how cute she looks tonight?  Her red hair is perfect for that shirt, so I had to tell her”  I stood there thinking what a sweet girl I have that brings smiles to so many.  SO LUCKY to have her in my life to bring smiles to ME! 

Love this girl!

1 comment:

NSylvester said...

What an amazing young woman you are raising. Kudos to you both!! She is adorable and her list of talents made me want to improve on my own!