Thursday, April 2, 2015

Boho Bags

The girls love to sew and I LOVE that they love it!

We decided to sew sling (over the head) bags for them to keep stuff in for track.  They are reversible and quick to make.  I probably shouldn’t say “quick”.  There are always problems and seams to pick out, but that is part of the learning.  I told the girls that life is like sewing.  Problems are constantly popping up and you just have to figure out how to fix and remedy the issue and keep moving on.  If you stop, you will never finish!

Bags

Sun streaming in the window, chocolate treats to enjoy, and plenty of giggles.  I SO love these big girls of mine!

Bags3

Bags4

HERE is the link to the pattern and tutorial.  I should have made the girls reverse the bags for another picture, but basically they are just opposite of the front.  They turned out really cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this project! The fabrics you chose are so fun and I definitely appreciate the link to the original tutorial. I'm curious about when you began teaching your girls to sew. Mine are still very young, but I'm not sure when to begin and where to start.

T.Irwin said...

awesome!! I love sewing projects! Just made some new skirts.
Love that your girls sew!