Friday, April 3, 2015

Easter Clip and Christ Pictures

I LOVE this time of year.  Definitely a favorite holiday!  I had to share the clip that I shared with my family this week in FHE.


I spent all day yesterday trying to find different pictures of Christ to put in the kids' Easter baskets. I want each of them to have their own special framed picture.

We don't have a Deseret Bookstore, and I wasn't on the ball to have them already ordered from online.  I went to a huge Christian bookstore here and thought I could find their pictures of Christ only to learn that they didn't sell pictures of Christ.  After talking with the clerk for a while I learned that they didn't want to put images in people's heads, but let them instead form their image of Christ.

I am a huge art lover and can't imagine not having pictures of Christ adorning my home.  There is something about a picture that makes you ponder and think as you look on it.  Sometimes we don't automatically pull up the images of Christ in our head, but instead need a little reminder.  I feel that pictures and quotes do just that.  They stir our souls when we need a good stirring!  :)

Anyway, I'm off to finish my little Easter project.

2 comments:

Alice said...

We do not encourage pictures of Jesus in our home or books either. For one, no one really knew what he looked like. Furthermore, in Isaiah 53:2 it states,"he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him." Most pictures of Jesus depict him as handsome, which he, according to Scripture, was not.

Unknown said...

I love having pictures of Christ around to prompt us to think of Him often. It is too bad that good art is so pricey. I love this one by Joseph Brickey: http://www.makingpreciousthingsplain.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/27_christ_15-28-witnesses-mary-magdalene-WP-risen-hope-brickey-xxxx.jpg
but I can't seem to find it for sale. Maybe next year you'll find all the perfect pictures!