Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shoplifters

Kaylee and I were talking about some girls in her class.  She was telling me that they were doing track.  I expressed my surprise.

She replied, “they are shoplifters”.

I quickly asked how she knew that they were shoplifters and mad that these girls would steal.

“Mom, I know they do it because I have seen them LIFT the big metal ball and throw it.”

I then asked with a smile, and what is it that they are called when they do that?

“SHOPLIFTERS!”

I corrected her to the fact that they could do the “SHOT PUT”

She was SO embarrassed that she had been calling this shoplifting in front of friends. :)

Oh vocabulary, and how hard it is to get the right word with the right meaning!

1 comment:

NSylvester said...

I so needed a good chuckle tonight! Love these little mixups... and glad her friends aren't "shoplifters"! Haha! Love it!