Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving Traditions

We have traditions for the month of November.  One is to pull out random cards each night at dinner and then put our focus on it the next day.  For example, last night’s card was we are grateful for our teeth.  So we had to floss and brush our teeth while thinking how much we use them daily.  Another one was we are grateful for Dad.  Each of us tried to show our appreciation in some way to him the next day.

One of my favorites is the Thankful Poster.  We have been doing this since Stephen and I were newlyweds.  I smile as I look at past posters.  They include new babies coming to our home, Stephen’s heart surgery a success, a new house,  special trips… I feel like they tend to capture our year of goodness.  I’m glad that they are on a poster that is easy to save each year.  I ended up hanging last year’s poster in the mud room to remember these year round.

I treasure the newlywed ones with all of the sweet notes to each other, but I’m also really liking the ones that have the kids’ phonetic writing on them.  Here is this year…

ThanksgivingI love that Kaylee said she is grateful for “her personality”.

Ash mentioned “the constitution” probably because they have been studying it.  Hairstylists also gave me a smile because I am her hairstylist each morning.

I like all of Jerrica’s spellings, “vecht bols” for vegetables,  “Estr Bne” for Easter Bunny, “lacktrisaty” for electricity, and “the anamls” she LOVES our pets.

Rebecca’s “warm sheets out of the dryer” is one of my favorite things as well.

I’m noticing that Stephen and the boys to get busy adding to this poster.

We really are grateful for SO many things!

1 comment:

Janessa said...

Great idea! Such a quick and easy way to take time to focus on being thankful. What treasures to hold onto! Good for you:)