Thursday, November 21, 2013

Indian Hot Chocolate

Jerrica has been keeping the Indian dress on since we are now in the month of November.  Today was BITTER cold, I’m talking like 12 degrees with a wind chill factor on top of that!  We froze as we ran to the van from getting groceries.  I of course cranked up the heater as high as it would go, but was still cold.

I kept thinking about the pioneers and the pilgrims.   They didn’t have fancy coats or shoes.  They didn’t even really have food to sustain them.   I can’t even imagine being out in that cold for hours on end.  We are so blessed to have heaters to crank up, hot showers to jump in, down comforters to wrap up in, heating pads, and even fuzzy slippers for our feet to enjoy!

And let me not forget the hot chocolate, which warmed Jerrica and I right up!

Hot Chocolate Hot Chocolate2 Hot Chocolate3  Hot Chocolate5  Hot Chocolate8

As I was discussing all of this with Jerrica, she reminded me that at least they had fires.  :)

4 comments:

charla coley said...

Jerrican is just too cute

Libby said...

I too have wondered how they kept warm. Many layers I suppose. I get cold just watching movies that depict the 'olden times'. brrrr!

ps I second the "Jerrica is just too cute"

Juf said...

They probably used a certain amount of furs, too. But still, I'm glad for these modern conveniences!

T.Irwin said...

She's growing up so fast and looks a lot like Ashley.
We've had the bitter cold winds here, too!