Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ashley’s Birthday

Ash had her birthday all planned out from morning to night, and as she said, “my birthday was glorious”!  She started out having breakfast in bed, which was at precisely 6:15.  Stephen made her breakfast requests.  Personally I would have skipped breakfast and enjoyed a few more minutes of sleep.

I took cupcakes into the classroom.  We had four left over.  Ashley was relieved to see the extras.  I thought it was due to the fact that she wanted them for herself.  BUT instead we had to take them down to the office for the office staff and to her first grade teacher.  They all hugged and loved, and I could totally feel how much they adored my Ash.

We brought Hayley home with us for a play date.  Ashley loves friends and insisted on having Hayley over for the afternoon. 

Bdday6

That evening Stephen and I took Ashley up to Denver for a date.  We first stopped at the American Girl Doll store to get Saige.  Ashley has been waiting all year to get her. 

 Bday2

We then walked over to the Cheesecake Factory.  I was sad when Ashley realized that she didn’t really like cheesecake.  I guess we should have bought their cake instead.

 Bday4  

We ended the evening walking around the Denver Temple and talking.  I loved hearing her questions and comments.  She is such a sweet girl!

temple2

Ashley is a performer.  She still loves doing her acting and dancing classes.  She sang a little solo in church for the Primary program.  Ashley is also getting really good on the piano.  I can always tell when she is in practicing because she usually is singing along to her own accompaniment.  Reading is also a favorite past time for her. She is a big crafter / maker.  We often find her in the craft room watching youtube videos and trying to create whatever they are showing on the tutorial.  One last thing about Ashley is that she really wants to do something with fashion when she is older.  She LOVES fashion, and is always quick to point it out.

Ash2 Saige We love you Ashley and are so very lucky to have you in our family!  Hope you had a great day!

No comments: