Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Heavenly Father

Jerrica will come into my room in a tizzy because a paper is bent or she can’t find her book.  Kaylee was freaking out that she couldn’t get 40 juggles for soccer.  Jacob was having a hard time playing a phrase in his music on the piano.

Each and every situation I would think, oh my goodness it’s not the end of the world!  It’s going to be OK, it’s just a small problem.  We can fix and do these things.  Of course they were all frustrated and freaking out.  I would help straighten the paper, cheer on the juggling, and explain the counting in the music.  I then told Stephen and others to be extra kind to so and so because they are struggling and having a hard day.  Sometimes you just need that love and support to build that confidence so that you CAN do the task at hand.

In the end, the book was found, the juggling was accomplished, the music piece was mastered and thank you’s were in abundance for the support. 

As I kneeled down crying to my Heavenly Father one morning, I couldn’t help but imagine how similar I was to my children.  I’m sure He thought, “Oh my goodness you are going to be just fine, Shauna”.  In the scheme of things it really was nothing.  Yet, I felt like I couldn’t do it, and I needed help.  Then he surrounded me with sweet people to boost up my spirit.  Others to help me accomplish my tasks.  He did all in his power to help me with my problems.

I think that sometimes we feel so overwhelmed with our trials and problems that it does seem like the end of the world.  Yet, it passes and we are helped along our way.  We are never alone and have so much help all around us.  I am SO grateful for a kind Heavenly Father.  I’m grateful that he doesn’t roll His eyes at my trivial problems and walk away, but that HE is there for ME!

1 comment:

joyce said...

Thanks, I needed that!