Saturday, June 22, 2013

Random

I am SO behind on posts!  I haven’t posted the end of the year school things, the boys’ trek, the fun week of girls camp with all my girls, summer stuff, …  It has just been a busy summer.  The kids are always off doing things with friends.  I feel like I only have three kids at a time.  We have had company as well.  Wednesday my cousin and his family spent the night and then tonight my sister and her family get here.  :)

Kaylee made this cake from Pinterest, which is really from iheartnaptime’s blog.  We all loved it and I deem it a perfect summer dessert.  Here is the LINK to the recipe.

Speaking of Kaylee, I took this picture of her at the zoo a few weeks ago.  It is WAY overexposed, but for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to delete it.  It’s kind of a cool shot.

White

I have the house decked out for the Fourth of July.  The other night I whipped up this banner of burlap and flags.  It only took a half hour and I have LOVED having it hanging on the mantel.  It was yet another idea from Pinterest.  :)

Fourth

Our holiday shelf, and then a huge print of Ash with BlackCat fireworks from a couple of years ago.  I hung it on the hall wall.Fourth2

Washington14

The garden is growing quickly and the tomatoes have lots of tomatoes loaded on them.  My mouth is watering as I type that. 

Also this past week I mowed our lot.  On the far corner there was a huge thistle blooming.  I couldn’t bring myself to mow it down, and went back that evening as the sun was setting to snap a picture of it.

Thistle2

We are really having a busy summer and I am determined to get caught up!

1 comment:

tren said...

I'm determined to start posting on my blog again, too! We haven't really done anything, but I feel like I should write something, even if it's about nothing.