Saturday, June 1, 2013

Hold Tight

I was out working in our garden and couldn’t help but notice how pretty the peas were growing on their little fence.  I noticed all the stretching and coiling to hold on to the fence.

Hold Tight2

The peas don’t just lean against the fence, they grab a hold of it.  The fence will support them and the tighter they wrap, the more support they will have.  It’s not a loose grasp either.  They coil around and around in numerous places along the fence.

The winds may blow, but the peas won’t move because the fence keeps them strong.

It made me think of the iron rod, and how we are to hold fast to the rod.  We are to grasp it and not let go.  Is my life tightly coiled around the iron rod?  Or am I just leaning casually?  I know that I need to reach out with everything that I have and hold strong.  I know that the more I wrap around my support, the stronger I will be.

Grateful for my little pea reminder today!

2 comments:

Rebecca Norton said...

Thank you for that. I needed to hear that today! I'm going to remember this for a long time and always try to cling to the iron rod!! Great reminder!

katherine marie said...

wow!!!!!!!