Monday, April 22, 2013

The Kite

This weekend was run, run, and RUN!  I had Women’s Conference, Nathan reffing at El Pomar, Saturday swimming for Jacob, games in Denver for the big girls, birthday parties for friends, and a late night dance for the boys.

However, last weekend was a little bit different.  After soccer games we had this little window of time.  Time actually stood still for a bit.  Pretend play and laughter floated through the air.  I sat on the warm grass talking with Stephen about this and that.  Then the kite came out of the garage.  There is something about sitting there watching a kite fly that is mesmerizing.

   Kite3

Nathan thought it would be fun to try and punt his soccer ball up at the kite to see if he could hit it.  He could.  Then he tried throwing the ball at the kite.  Let’s just say Kaylee wasn’t too happy about him interrupting her kite flying session. 

Kite5

Jerrica was obsessed about the idea of “riding” the kite in the sky.

Kite4

When we came inside Baker Becca had a pan of brownies in the oven. 

Brownies

I sure don’t mind time standing still when I have a brownie in hand.  I just need my weight to stand still as well!  :)

No comments: