Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gifts

My birthday is coming up, and I have already been receiving presents.  :)  Let’s just say, really COOL presents!

I have smiled at the gifts even before I have opened them because of their presentation.  I’m not good at that part.  I can put together a gift, but don’t necessarily have it wrapped beautifully or have some type of clever way about it.

Anyway, let’s take a look at what my mother brought up on Monday.

 Gift2 

It was so glittery and pretty that I almost didn’t want to open it.  BUT I did.  Inside was a tiny little hinged bird house that my mom had in her greenhouse.  I had commented on how tiny and cute it was when I was down at her house.  I liked the hidden compartment.  Well, next thing I know it’s MINE with a bit of cash.  :)

Gift

Then today I got a package in the mail from my sister, Alesha.  She is always clever with her gifts.  I smiled as I saw her message on the outside of the envelope.  She had traced her hand and wrote, “It’s pretty much like I’m hand delivering it to you”.

Lee2

Inside was filled with goodies.  I was stoked about the CD and then amazed at the craftiness of her banners.  She picked the cutest fabrics, ric racs, pom poms fringes, ribbon…. it’s just SO cute!  I of course had to hang it up.  I told the kids that we will be celebrating my birthday for the next 12 days, until it officially IS my birthday.  :)

Lee 

LOVE thoughtful gifts!  LOVE how the presentation adds to the gift! 

2 comments:

Juf said...

Your mother wrapped that up so beautifully! And that hand delivered idea is great - I'm going to have to remember that!

Unknown said...

That is the coolest thing she did! I hope it's okay if I Pin this. I definitely want to remember it for my next package to send out to the nieces/nephews! :)