Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shaving Cream Snowman

There are so many fun Christmas projects I want to share, but I don’t want “certain” eyes to see the projects before Christmas.  I’m still deep cleaning this house.  I love washing curtains and scrubbing light fixtures because it makes the house feel so clean.  Yet, at the end of the day you can’t really tell what I did all day.  Anyway, little Miss Jerrica always needs attention in the afternoon.  I get her going on a project and then I can keep going on my projects.

This shaving cream snowman was perfect.  She spent an HOUR making them.  I drew big circles on paper and she proceeded to fill them in with “snow”.  The texture and aroma just make it a fun project.  You mix equal quantities of glue and shaving cream together.  It dries hard and thick. 

Snowman3

I cut out a few things for her to glue on her finished snow painting, and THAT kept her busy for another HOUR.  Here is “one” of her masterpieces.

Snowman Snowman2 

She loved sharing them with everyone.  BUT of course all the girls thought they needed to make their own, which brought out tears from Jerrica because the “snow paint” is only for mommy’s school and THEY don’t go to mommy’s school!

Anyway, I pinned the project in Pinterest.  You can find it HERE on the Oopsey Daisey blog.

5 comments:

Km said...

Absolutely darling!!!!

Libby said...

that definately will be something I do with my special needs clients--one will love it (as will her younger bro) and the other, well, it's hit and miss with him but the sensory aspect he needs. And they end up with a project!
Thanks for sharing...I love her pictures. She did a great job dressing them.

Frugal Momma said...

I'm so glad you're back to blogging!

Had a random question for you. I loved the Thompson Trauma kit you made for your kids and am trying to recreate it for my own kids for Christmas. What size were the badge you made. Any tips on making them?

And did you ever make the office kit?

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Email me Frugal Momma and I will send you info on the kits.

mymixofsix@hotmail.com

Teachinfourth said...

This looks like a fun idea to do with my class...too bad I'm lazy.

...and have zero extra time in a day.