Thursday, December 15, 2011

Friend Giving

Years ago, my good friend Kim and I decided that instead of buying for each other, we would take the money and buy something for a family or person  in need.  image

First off, what a relief to not have to figure out what to give someone that already has everything!

We usually plan who we are doing and what we should give.  One year we went to lunch and then shopped together for the family we chose.  Another year Kim put all of the gifts in a big Santa sack, and as I watched her sneaking up to the house with the pack over her back I just couldn’t quit smiling.  One year we did it with other friends and were actually able to put the presents under the Christmas tree of the family in need.

Giving with a friend, to someone who is “really” in need is indeed the spirit of Christmas!  Now instead of gifts from Kim each Christmas, I have a lot of wonderful memories.

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a great idea!!!

Km said...

Fantastic idea!!!