Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christ Tree

I went over to a friend’s house the other morning for our little freezer meal exchange and was blown away by her Christmas tree.  It was over 17 feet tall, had little white lights covering it, then gold ornaments here and there like stars, balls, etc, AND then it had pictures of Christ in various gold frames all over.  The tree was so big that the bigger frames were still in proportion with the tree.  I just loved it!  I stood there jealous of her tree that was obviously the real reason for the season.
As I looked at the pictures closer I noticed that they were from Mark Mabry’s book.  If you haven’t seen his work, you MUST!  All of his pictures are photography.  Here is a link to some of his photos in a youtube slide show.

ANYWAY, I came home from her house looked at all of my little handmade ornaments that COVER my tree.  Sure they were made by friends and family, and I love the memories that each one give, but I decided then and there that I too want a Christ tree.  So watch out after Christmas sales, I will be clearing you out of all your gold glittery treasures.
Once again here is the link to his amazing book.  Reflections of Christ It truly is stunning and beautiful!

3 comments:

Trinette McCrary said...

What a beautiful idea. I think you need to take a picture of her tree (if she will let you)so I can see it!!!

Heather said...

I love the idea of a Christ tree. It sounds beautiful!

Jennie Blaser said...

I love the Reflections of Christ exhibits. If you ever get the chance - go see. There is a new one about Christ's visit to the Americas that is incredible. The musician in charge of all the music for this exhibit is in my ward, so we've gotten a little spoiled by it all. We just had a stake fireside with Mark Mabry where he told his story and personal experiences when taking the pictures and then in between the artist who sang the songs on the cd performed them live. It was incredible!