Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Want Boobs

Jerrica can talk really well, but just can’t quite get a few words.  And yes the way she says those few words makes a BIG difference in the context of her sentences.

She says “BooBs” instead of “BooTs”.  All of my other girls DO have a set of boots, but not Jerrica.  So she walks around trying on her older sisters’ boots and telling me that she wants BOOBS.   I sit there and think, “Ya, me too honey!”

I hear quite frequently as she is trapsing around, “Ash look at my booBs”  And of course enthusiastic Ashley says, “WOW they look great Jerrica”  Can I just say that this DOES NOT sound right!!!

Believe me I have tried working on this particular word confusion BECAUSE it is winter right now and EVERYONE is wearing boots here in Colorado.  And Jerrica keeps telling them “I like your BooBS”  or “You have BooBs”.  I like when they look at me and say with a smile what is she saying.  I very calmly assure them that she is saying booTs and let them feel dumb for thinking that she is saying otherwise.

4 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Jerrica is growing up too fast. She is so cute!!

lanisue said...

That is funny. Analise calls boobs boo boo's. So when she sees a bra she says boo boo. Only out of the mouth of babes.

Mom said...

This really makes me laugh....& I need at least one laugh a day!

Penelope said...

Oh that is so much tamer than mine...my three year old told me the other day she wanted her ears pierced...only she refered to it as..well..the male appendage...and in the middle of the supermarket too..so embarrassed!