Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Homemade Gifts

Now that Christmas is over I thought that I would post a few more of my homemade gifts. 

For Stephen’s parents I made a “Thompson” Frame.  He has 8 kids in his family and there are 8 letters in the name Thompson.  If there had only been 6 I’m sure we could have spelled family or something else, BUT this worked out perfectly with the 8.  The picture doesn’t really do it justice because of the lighting and the glass on the frame. 

Gifts

Another homemade gift that didn’t quite get finished was Jacob’s Art book from Shutterfly.  I had taken some of his sketches and artwork from this year to make into a book.  But after looking at it I decided to wait to have Jacob help me finish it, so that I have all the pictures that HE likes.

Of course every year I have a little one that I can make a few colored batches of play-dough for.  It’s ALWAYS a big hit!!!  Some years I put in a few playdough toys, or pumpkin push-ins’.  This year I put in some of my old rubber stamps that I never use.

Gifts

Homemade gifts are fun.  They are from the heart usually.  They are cheaper, a plus for my husband’s budget that he TRIES to keep me on.  HOWEVER, they do take some time to do!

5 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

I LOVE your picture frame!! You are so clever!

Angie said...

Shauna,

You need to put all your fun projects in a book. Because that's what I feel like I'm doing...buying Shauna's cute, adorable, fun, creative book of ideas. I keep adding your ideas to my "To do list" and some I have been able to successfully do. A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!

I hope you don't mind me copying your ideas. :) Some people are just naturally gifted. :)

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

i do too! so many great ideas! the picture in the frame is the best one yet! we're gonna have to figure out how to do it as a spillane crew! how did you get everyone's letter coordinated so well? we're gonna have to make this happen! thanks for the genius!

T.Irwin said...

freaking ingenious! I love the "Thompson" pictures! really fabulous and creative!

Freddie said...

Man, how NICE!
Now I just have to figure how to make it work wit a name like SCHECKLMANN! uch....