Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving Pies

The kids were very lucky this year to have both sets of grandparents come for Thanksgiving. 

Grandma Brenda made pies with the girls on Thanksgiving morning….

Pies 

The girls peeled, cut, and cooked the apples.  Then they made the crust.

Pies2 Pies3 Pies4  They jockeyed for position to be by Grandma….

Pies6 Pies7

Kaylee and Brenda lingered a little longer and made a pecan pie as well.  Kaylee always thinks she has to make the pecan pie!

Pies8 Pies9 Pies11

Jerrica kept taste testing everything and had a bit of a surprise when she sampled the cinnamon.  AND Kaylee the forever photo bomber!

 Pies12

The apple pie looked divine and the house smelled divine!

Pies5

Thanks for teaching my girls all of your tips and tricks Brenda!

3 comments:

Janessa said...

Mmmmm....I can almost smell them! What wonderful memories for all of you!

Natalie said...

I love their aprons!!!:)

T.Irwin said...

Awesome photos! (wonderful lighting and subjects. jus' sayin')

I've been fortunate to be the pie maker in my family each Thanksgiving. And who do you think taught me many of my tricks? My great grandma. Many wonderful memories!