Monday, December 30, 2013

Random December

Jerrica celebrated Christmas Australian style in shorts and sunglasses at school.  She thought that she was all that in her outfit.

Australian Santa

Our fridge was plastered with church magazine posters.  I loved the messages in each of them.

 Poster Poster2 Poster3

The big girls went to a really fun Christmas party.  They brought white elephant gifts that I bought straight from the ARC.   Jacob also went to a white elephant gift exchange party.  He was excited to get the movie, “Now You See Me”.

White Elephant

Many a craft was crafted.  Rebecca made the cutest washer snowman necklace at Achievement Days.  Ash made a cute button tree.

Act Days

  Act Days2 Act Days3

The girls burned fingers on glue guns to help me make a ton of feather ornaments to go on giftcards and chocolates for teachers, neighbors, and friends.

Angel

 

The kids drew each other’s names and came up with clever gifts for each other.  Jerrica drew a soccer picture for Nathan, and could not wait for him to open up his little soccer package from her.

  Presents

Rebecca had to do a dance routine at school and went all decked out for the day.

 Routine

I thought about making more reindeer holders for my gift card gifts.  I just wanted something homemade to go along with them. 

Cards

We did the 12 days of Christmas for a family.  The kids LOVE this tradition each year.  There is something about sneaking around late at night.  We also did a secret Santa gift for a family.

 Twelve

12 Days of Christmas webb versi

I had a piano recital of Christmas songs.  Jerrica made me smile as she donned the reindeer antlers and proceeded to try and play more than her chosen song for the recital.  I should have recorded the kids.  Stephen was out of town on business and I was doing good just trying to get through the night. 

  Recital Recital2

About ten of my basketball friends met one morning for breakfast and an ornament exchange.  It was fun laughing and stealing each other’s ornaments.  I ended up with a basketball ornament that graced the top of my tree for the season.

We also went to a couple of really fun Christmas parties.  One of them had gingerbread houses there to assemble as we ate.  I thought what a clever idea that was to be the centerpieces on the tables and to add to the mingling of everyone as they were decorating them.

Stephen’s company had a nice Christmas party at the Sunbird restaurant.

It was a very busy month and I know that I’m missing something!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

The feather ornament is still one of my favorites!:)

Janessa said...

What a great month! You do a wonderful job keeping up with it all and documenting it with fantastic pictures! Merry Christmas!