Thursday, December 12, 2013

Clay Ornaments

So I bought a variety pack of clay at Hobby Lobby.  I thought that we could make the thumbprint snowmen off of Pinterest.  We used black beads for the eyes, and baked them with the hook stuck in the top.  After they cooled, we gave them a spray of gloss for the finishing touch.

 Clay3

Jerrica was into rolling little balls, so she made Rudolph and a Christmas tree.  Jake helped her with the ears and antlers.

 Clay4

Rebecca and Lael made this poinsettia, right after I told Rebecca it would be too hard to make.  I think it turned out beautiful, in fact it’s probably my favorite!

 Clay5

Clay 

Kaylee made a cute little mouse along with a baby Jesus and snowman.

 Clay6

I made the boys come create with us.  At first they were expressing their interest in playing a game rather than playing with clay.  Then one of the girls challenged them to make Olaf from Frozen, and the crafting began!

Clay2

I’m so excited to pull these out each year and reminisce about when we made them.  I think we might need to buy some clay each year to make new masterpieces.

1 comment:

quailene said...

What kind of clay is that? And do you have instructions on how to bake it? I would like to make some this year!