Sunday, December 8, 2013

Aunt Lael’s Visit

We absolutely adore Aunt Lael!  She came to spend a few days with us and we enjoyed every minute of her stay.

Hooky Bobbing

On Sunday we crafted with clay and made some incredible ornaments.  I was planning on just making the thumbprint snowmen, but the creativity wouldn’t stop there!

Clay

Lael is from Arizona, and the poor thing came when we were having FREEZING temperatures.  I don’t think the temperature ever got above 10 degrees the entire time she was here! Frost7

One night we went to a crèche exhibit.  The music was beautiful and all of the various nativities were so fun to see.  I liked one made from drift wood that was from Mississippi.  Here are a couple of others that caught my girls’ eyes as they went around with my camera.

  Nativity Nativity2 Nativity3

Lael brought caramel with her on the plane.  We are talking POUNDS of caramel.  She made the fanciest caramel apples and popcorn.  The girls were in heaven cooking in the kitchen with her.

 Treats Stephen, the boys, Rebecca and Lael all went to a hockey game one night.  Colorado College won. 

We had to stop at Krispy Kremes the day that Lael flew in.

20131205_135458

Lael and all of us girls went and saw Frozen.  We LOVED it!  The girls are still singing the songs.  One night as they playing the Frozen song on Youtube I noticed how familiar the voice sounded.  I told Stephen that it sounds like the witch from when we saw “Wicked”.  Sure enough she plays the character in Frozen.

A lot of games were played.  One that was played over and over was Qwirkle.

I know I’m probably leaving things out.  Lael we love you!  You are such an awesome aunt and sister-in-law!

1 comment:

9peasMom said...

My daughter and I loved Frozen so much we went twice, even convincing some of her older brothers to see it with us the 2nd time (and they loved it too).
Looks like Aunt Lael is a real treasure, I enjoyed reading about her time there!