Sunday, December 29, 2013

Gifts

I was talking with Kristy and Ryan about presents after Christmas.  We smiled at what the kids deemed as the favorite gifts. 

Sydney was sweet to share her crutches.  Kristy had picked them up from Good Will and EVERYONE played on them.  I thought that for sure someone was going to really break their leg using them.

Gifts6

Thomas was so into his binoculars.  He thought they were the coolest things ever.  I smiled when he told Kristy as he was looking through them, “Mom, you are HUGE!”  Just what a mom wants to hear.

 Gifts2 Nathan always wants a new soccer ball every year.  AND every year he spends hours playing with it, making every dime worth it.

Gifts

Ashley had let me know that all of my daughters have aprons made by me, except for her.  So for her homemade gift I made a little cherry apron with an extra apron on the front to dry her hands.  She LOVED it!

Gifts7Gifts9

Another cute homemade gift was Benjamin’s punching bag.  He is constantly punching on Kristy’s legs so she made him a cute punching bag to hang in his door way.  I thought it was SO cute!

 Gifts4 Gifts5

My two little girls got tablets.  I’m not that excited about how much time they think that they need to spend on them.  Technology is awesome with all that we can learn and do, yet it can consume us if we let it. 

Gifts3  

Kristy made really cool magic wallets where the money switches back and forth when you open and shut them.  The kids are stilled mystified as to how they work. 

Then Kris and I made lacey make-up bags for all of the older girls.  They really turned out pretty.  I can already see that bag being toted around here and there getting ready for dates and other activities.

 Gifts12

The other hit was the big marble knockers on the string.  I had picked up a pair at the Mexican market.  There was always a steady beat by someone playing with them.

I have decided that some of my favorite gifts that I have received and given are those that are homemade!  There is just an extra special touch of love in them.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE if you had tutorials on the fun homemade gifts you and others made this year!

Janessa said...

Wow, I love all the homemade gifts! Such talent and creativity! I don't know how you find the time to do all that you do! Amazing:)

Lorna said...

What a fab punch bag, did you use a tutorial to make it? my nephew would love it :)